As is frequently the case with shorts, ideas grow. I did not complete the short by the date that I set myself. It still isn't done. In reality, I have done very little outside of work on the script. The main reason is that I decided that I was going to "do things right" and that meant sending off to the National Archives for a segement of film that I most thoroughly desired. That took close to two weeks to get and by the time it arrived and I finally got it to work on my system (it took an entire day), it was too close to Christmas and an out of state New Years event to get anything further done.
I have not re-set myself a new deadline yet, but I do have my trusty "Current Project" notebook out of the drawer and poised for action.
Have a blessed New Year!
It has been an age, it seems, since I last gave any inkling of an update on my filmmaking progress here. Without any further ado then, two items of interest:
The Cow Cavalry is officially ready for purchase! Please see The Shop!
Other progress is essentially stalled as I have been dealing with a lot of Lyme related down-time. I plan (Lord willing) to turn my focus into it come mid-October when my reenacting season officially ends and the weather turns cooler. Hopefully my brain will be functioning better by then as well.
Completed. Finished. DONE.
The Cow Cavalry has been uploaded to Kunaki.com (i've used them in the past and liked the quality of work). I should have a trial copy coming within a week so that I can see how wonderfully things came out. THEN, I shall order a bigger batch and officially release The Cow Cavalry!
It's a good feeling.
I see that I have not updated here since late November. My apologies...but not much got done over the Christmas season, though I did shoot the director's interview for the third time. I regret that I am constrained to do it again--maybe the fourth take will be outstanding. *amused smile* We'll see.
However...other than that little piece of hindrance: The Florida Cow Cavalry is ready to be sent off for mass-production! I do jest on that "mass-production" bit...but as soon as I get the director's interview re-done (I do not think I shall manage it today since I'm not feeling overly well and my presence of mind is somewhat lacking), I will ship it off to my choice of mass-DVD printers. I already have the cover and disk art designed, so I do not even have to worry about that.
It's sooo close, y'all.
The time consuming process of rendering has begun again. My hope is that the majority of these visuals will not need any further adjustments.
Stay tuned for further news!
I count twenty-nine AfterEffects worked on to be pretty decent progress for one day. Of those, I am positive that a few of them will probably have to be tweaked again, but it's a good start.
As though it were not blindingly obvious, my second week of October goal post was neatly passed by without even a skidding in the direction of my editing suite. I refuse to make excuses, partly because I am unable to remember why I never managed to get to it. Health partly, other daily busy-ness the rest, I assume.
At long last however, despite a weak start in the morning (I felt more like crawling into a hole then powering up my computer), I have something to report!
I started out by mercilessly cutting out all the interview clips from a certain intreviewee. I have not the permission to go further than that, and even if I had, I believe I would refrain from speaking. Suffice to say, I lost a portion of my documentary in doing so, but overall it probably does not effect the outcome overly much.
Directly after lunch, I began the task that took me all the way to suppertime before it was completed. That would be the removal of the original narration and the replacing it with the re-done narration. While I will have to re-time the length of a majority of the visuals, I was quite pleased to discover that a great many of the internal timings fit the new narration beautifully! (if not better than the original.) The Lord has indeed blessed me on that front!
I hope tomorrow to continue in on the job, tweaking visuals (one or two which I plan to entirely re-work; I never was overly pleased with them to begin with).
The plan is to be 100% completed and ready to distribute before Christmas. The plan...subject to variables as usual.
I procrastinated on this for too long already, but I just wanted to inform my followers that I have not forgotten The Cow Cavalry (or even the next project). I have been entirely covered up and unable to get to any further work. I intend on burying myself in the editing in either the second or third week of October. I will not commit myself, but I hope to be completely finished by the last of October.
Mr. Joe Kurtright has come through admirably! The re-recorded narration is in and it sounds so much better! I am now doubly pleased to feature Mr. Kurtright's unique voice as the narration.
Now all this is needed is for me to carve myself out time for a few serious editing sessions.
Racheal Parker; Filmmaker: